Sunday, September 28, 2014

A necklace for Buggy kitty.

Last Sunday, I spent all day making jewelry at my inlaw's while Brent worked on the race car with his brother and his dad.  I seriously hauled like 6 bead trays and probably 50 pounds of beads and wire and clock hands and you name it over there.  I ransacked my entire studio rather than just...staying home.

I've been having a bit of a creative streak lately and have been making a lot of jewelry to deal with some bad news we received about three weeks ago.  I've made some of the most beautiful jewelry yet during the past three weeks and last Sunday was no exception.  I'm kind of baffled by this because sometimes I don't exactly make pretty things.

Anyway, one piece I made took several hours because I couldn't get it to work right with the ideas I had for it, so here it is in the later stages of being made.

Anyway, at my inlaws, there was a cat named Buggy


Buggy was such a sweet cat and she was Brent's buddy for 14 years.



Buggy disappeared Sunday night after we departed my inlaw's for home.  We found out she was missing on Monday afternoon after dealing with some other stuff that had to do with the bad news I mentioned earlier.  We spent hours looking for her on Tuesday, but she vanished.  We checked surveillance cameras until we couldn't bear to watch anymore, and it didn't get us any closer to finding out what happened to her.

As for the necklace, I realized it was the last thing I made while she was still alive.  I last saw her when we were leaving for home that night.  At one point I dropped a bunch of the seed beads and accidentally picked up some cat food crumbs thinking it was the beads (haha).  Every time I looked at the necklace, I thought of Buggy, and if it were to sell in my Etsy shop, I would be sad to see it go.



So I added a little cat bead to remind us of our tabby Buggy, and turned it into a little memorial to her.  I can make more necklaces similar to this one, but this one is special.  I wore it out to a bunch of yardsales yesterday and got a lot of compliments.


 It's been a week and Buggy hasn't come home.  We live in rural eastern Connecticut, we're not delusional about what could have happened to her and we've taken it really hard.  When we get cats of our own, they're not going out after dark.

 Brent and Buggy, the first time I ever met little Buggy at dinner at his parents back in 2012.

 As for the other bad news, if anything comes of it, then it will show up in the blog.  Otherwise, here's some of the jewelry I made while dealing with that.



I haven't made a pair of earrings like these since 2008, and we'll see how they do!

 I love uranium/vaseline glass beads, as well as electric blue!  This will be listed soon.

 
This was made from a couple upcycled pieces of jewelry I've had laying around for years, and I love how it came out!

Otherwise, not much else has been going on.  Obviously I'm moving a bit slower these days since I'm 38 weeks pregnant and fully expect this kid to barely make it into October before birth.  I had my strongest contractions yet after we were looking for Buggy on Tuesday because I over did it while hiking through the woods.  

Making jewelry in massive amounts is not nesting, right?  Or is that an Etsy thing...







No comments: