Wednesday, July 23, 2014

WHATTA CROCK

Oh hey, remember that crock I found in the Moosup River back in April 2008?

Of course not, who the heck was reading this blog now who was reading it back then?  Let's refresh your memory. 

D.I.Y. Archaeology aka Girls Who Dig Rock!

So there was this grody crock.



Anyway, I couldn't get it fully clean that day, figuring I would take a toothbrush to it and scrub the hell out of it.  I always intended to do exactly that.  So it sat.

And sat.

I moved two years later. 

It stayed at my mother's and sat.

I moved again, two years later.

And again a year after that.

Finally, I put it in the trunk of my saab. It was full of spiders and cobwebs.

I finally cleaned it.

THIS YEAR.

So six years later, you know how hard that river muck was to get off of it?  Mr. Clean knocked it on it's rear end in 15 minutes, no toothbrushes even needed.

It's my garbage can in my craft room now (I line it, it's not grody).  The one thing I never admitted when I had spent 90 minutes digging it out of the river was that its only flaw was a crack, which is why I never bothered selling it.  I mean come on, 90 minutes of work and it's cracked?  Now I have a good story and a good trash can.

No comments: