Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve! Sea Glass, Dead Cat, VIRUS, Snow, Peter Gabriel, and a Christmas Tree!


Since my last post, I went to the beach (yes SEA GLASS!) we found a dead stray cat on the lawn, my computer caught a virus, and we got incredible amounts of snow in our first snow storm of the season! Those of you who were following me on twitter would have noticed the saga of Cat Doe. I went door-to-door but no one would own up to the dead cat (which had been hit by a car and someone either placed it on our lawn or it died there). So we gave it a home and buried it ourselves in the back yard, before the snow came. The poor thing was frozen when I picked it up with a snow shovel, but I didn't want to leave it there because our neighborhood isn't THAT trashy to the point where we leave dead cats sticking everywhere. And we couldn't stand looking at it because it was only 10 feet from the front door. (We live 15 feet from a main road).

ANYWAY, now for something cute and happy, a Chickadee at the suet feeder!


Now, SEA GLASS! The day before Cat Doe, I went to the beach, and had amazing finds!

The last find of the day was this blue shard from Scarborough Beach.

Many pre-1860 "black glass" deep olive green shards.
And an "upkick" from the pontil of a bottle!
11 cents, the dime is dated 1972.And then, the best find that wasn't discovered until we got home....
Another piece of uranium vaseline glass!


And on that happy note, Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Ana said...

Wow, looks like you have had a heck of a time. That is sad about the kitty, I just can't believe no one owned up to it...

I have never seen snow like that, we usually just get ice storms. Ickie.