Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Getting settled in on Artfire

I haven't had a post about my shops lately either on Artfire or on Etsy. Both aren't selling well at all but I'll blame that on working as much as I can at the post office, and the economy. Ebay has always required less effort to sell if all you care about is sales numbers and not profit, and even ebay is doing poorly for me at the moment. (Look ma, no listings!)

Anyway! I moved all my steampunk jewelry over to my Artfire studio, and got kicked out of the Steamteam on Etsy, but that's okay. I'm part of the new Steampunk Guild on Artfire which is not so high-maintenance. I was never one of those high-maintenance girlfriends and wasn't interested in people who were high-maintenance either. If I faked interest, it was because he owed me money. (And still does! At least he finally took down that picture of him sitting in the driver's seat of my Grand Am on Myspace, because he was such a dirtbag he wanted to look good but he could never afford a car as hot looking as my Grand Am from HELL. That picture was still up long after the car got totaled, too. LOL) Sorry about that. Just had to rant for a bit because I'm so glad that picture is down. hahaha. SAAAAAAAAAB. Much better.

My etsy shop is looking rather bare-bones. I just don't know what to do with it. I deleted a bunch of listings because as Etsy is now, they will never sell and I just don't care. I made my money so I won't feel so bad sending some boxes of stuff off to Salvation Army, but first I'm going to have a big yardsale in the spring. SPRING IS COMING! YARDSALES! My business cards still point to Etsy, which I need to fix pronto because I'm focusing more on the affordable and efficient Artfire. Etsy had its chance, and they will never care about their sellers. My sales were awesome last year until September 1, and then tanked. Artfire hasn't picked up yet, but I didn't jump all in like I did with Etsy at this time last year.

Hell, I haven't even made any jewelry since October 30, and that's SAD.


1 comment:

Ceridwen said...

I hear your Etsy frustration, as do a lot of others, I think. I'm trying to split stuff up between ArtFire and Etsy, but Artfire is coming up with so many cool new features that I'm thinking the bulk is going to be going over there! Cheers!