Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My stomach hates me


I was sick, again, with gastroenteritis. All I know was that there was a lot of throwing up involved with a fever too. And I had to work yesterday, which was hell on earth, but I did it anyway. As many of you have heard, the Postmaster General has gone before Congress to propose eliminating one delivery day. Well, what does that mean for me? It means I'll be out of a job when it happens, because I'm a sub. It seems many people of the public actually think their carriers work 6 days a week. Are you kidding? They're union! lol. So I work on the 6th day, and any day I'm needed. Currently I usually work two days a week--Saturdays I work on a route with a mail truck and Monday's I work on a route with my own jeep. That's just how the relief days work. I usually work more than 2 days per week, too. But...if I'm not guaranteed at least one day per week, well who knows how long it would be when I'm working! Yikes!

So I picked up an entire truckload of fabric to sell on artfire/ebay/etsy. And some bottles too. But getting sick this weekend put all my projects on the back burner.

Anyway, about a week or so ago I finally made it to the beach.

and again!And here's a picture of the ice at Indian Leap in Norwich, CT.
Meanwhile, I'm still not really over that awful bug I had this weekend and can't figure out what I should tackle first...bottles or fabric? My etsy to artfire shop conversion is still coming along. I'm also cleaning out shop and donating some things that aren't selling and are taking too much space to Salvation Army, mainly craft magazines and vintage decor that doesn't fit in flat rate boxes, or worthless plain bottles that aren't worth the effort on ebay.

NOTE: I totally forgot to mention that I got an ID on that green piece of sea glass I love. It's the Lacy Medallion pattern which dates from 1898-1920 or so. Check it out!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The glass.. it looks like a bird!
(& I hope you feel better!)