Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Stuck at home

Yesterday's post office interview was very interesting.

8:20- Out of the shower and ready to leave! Just had to grab a resume that I left on the dashboard of the Saab!

8:21- OMG, the windshield leaked all over the resumes. Sh..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is my flash drive with my resumes, and I have to print another one? Where's the stapler?!!?!?!?!?!

8:35- Turned the truck on and prayed a bit.

8:55- Arrived at post office facility. (FYI, for people in CT...if you know how far it is from Brooklyn to Norwich...well...YOU do the math. Just how fast was I driving, anyway?)

So I arrived early. There were two other people in the lobby, so this turned out to be a preliminary group interview.

Of 7 people who eventually showed up for the interview, I was:

1 of 3 who showed up on time. Some showed up 20 minutes late, with no excuse (one guy had a flat tire, so ok).
1 of 2 who obtained my driving history from the DMV, as requested in our appointment letter (in their defense, several of the others tried to obtain the records that morning but couldn't because the computers were down at the DMV...I had gone on Saturday.).
And I was the only one in a suit.

It's not like all of these people were younger than me, either. And why do I dress up for interviews at some places when I don't need to? The answer is simple. They have a job, and I don't. They have a job that's possibly for me. It's a show of respect.

Anyway, there is only one position open at this time at the PO, so only one of those 7 will get it. We'll see what happens next...

Today I can't go anywhere. Saab's still not registered. Guess that means I'll be doing a massive Etsy upload (like the rest of the earrings I made in March, and some other goodies I picked up this weekend :D)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you get the job! Good LUCK!

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying about the PO job!