Friday, May 9, 2008

Creatively not having it lately

So the flea market is done (for now) and the auction is tonight. I'm still going, since the owners of the flea market will hopefully be selling me a kicking metal detector (as long as they remember to bring it). I used to have one of those crappy Radio Shack ones that didn't even work...proof that it didn't work was scouring the soccer field in 1997 when I lost a sterling silver ring, and didn't find it...yet the ring turned up 2 months later completely unharmed, and was found on the soccer field.

Gahhh. Sold that sucker metal detector at the next yardsale. This one is going to be a bit more expensive but with metal detectors, you really do get what someone else initially paid for ;).

Anyway, I spent this week jumping through post office hoops. Because if my carpal tunnel/ulnar neuropathy history they sent me for a physical on my dime. More like 1,760 dimes. Since when did simple physicals get so expensive? I could go into the details of how lame the physical was considering what I paid, but the doctor was nice and I got my clearance that the postal nurse required.

But I'll keep jumping through those hoops because if I flub this, I'm not going to have very nice things to say about myself, and the next time I go digging for bottles I'd probably bury myself in a ditch. LOL.

Next hoop to jump through: 90-minute driving test tomorrow in New London at 9:30. I'll admit I'm pretty nervous about it, sure I consider myself a very good driver, but I'll be the first to admit my driving scares everyone in my car. Just because I know what I'm doing doesn't mean others have much faith in me ;). And so what if I hit the curb every now and then ;). I'm kidding but I'm still nervous...and now I'm sick to boot. Either allergies or a cold, but I can't taste anything or breathe through my nose.

Maybe I over-did the digging this week. There was one sunny day (Tuesday) where I checked out a possible maybe on a new place to dig, and dug for 4 hours at the place I was digging last week. I was sneezing and coughing up all kinds of dirt, so I'd imagine that's what started it. I had some finds but didn't really take many pictures... I still need to clean & photograph last week's digs & finds too.

Tuesday night we raided the neighbor's front lawn because they had a bunch of boxes of free stuff, like old 45's and toys and stuff. Mom and I tore into those 45's like no tomorrow and we scored some awesome finds, like the Safety Dance. And there was much screaming when I found my favorite 80's song (below)...a little warped, but still plays perfect!


And then once Mom and I were done sorting out the warped records, we broke into our own 45's that we probably haven't played in 8 years but it was still tons of fun :).

One day we went to the Mystic Aquarium :).





We had such a lovely day. My grandparents took me (they have a lifetime membership so we get to go for free) and the weather was perfect too. :)

Edit: I just realized the title of this post has nothing to do with it. Mainly I was going to gripe about how little I've been inspired to write or make jewelry lately but I don't feel like it. lol. I sat in the flea market from 9-4 and everything I wrote, I ended up crossing out. I have to make a zine or something. Or just catch up in my journal. I'm getting so wrapped up in the thrill of doing stuff that I'm forgetting to write it all down.

2 comments:

RustChic said...

dont touch me please
i cannot stand the way you teaaaaaaaaaase
duh duh
tainted love

Callooh Callay said...

Great aquarium photos, Megan. (I love posts that ramble around...like life.)