Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Etsy, eBay, Norwich Bulletin, & a headache

Since my first sale on etsy, there hasn't been any more. -sigh- a girl can dream, right?

I've been away from the computer quite a bit lately as using the mouse really kills my hands if I use it for more than 1 hour or so. I can't believe that I'm not even 24 yet and I have these kinds of problems.

The good news (for those of you who know the kinds of problems I have with my hands) is that my right hand, while yes, it hurts to use a mouse, has gained back all reflexes below the elbow AND strength back in the fingers I haven't been able to use since 2003!!! My left hand still has two useless fingers but hey...I thought I'd be stuck with 4 useless fingers for life and now I'm down to two...so maybe by the time I'm 26 I'll be all fixed. BY MYSELF. WOW.

My last package I was waiting for came in today--the last thing I ordered before I lost my job!

And speaking of day jobs, I have a new one. I deliver your morning newspaper, if you get the Norwich Bulletin and live within the zipcodes 06239, 06332, and 06354. That's Danielson, Central Village, and Moosup. The hours are a bit of getting used to--I have to pick up the paper at 1:45 and finish delivering around 5:30AM, but once I get adjusted to the new hours I'll be good. I'm all excited because the pay is the same as it was at Yankee Retail but it's only 24 hours a week instead of 40...and that in itself will allow me to make a go of the jewelry/flea market/ebay.

I have my first listing up on ebay, btw. It's that lot of junk jewelry (there's some decent stuff in there too) as well as most of those 50 pairs of earrings I picked up at the auction like I previously mentioned...I tried selling them for $1 a pair and no one wanted them (surprise!)...but that's ok, I don't want them either. Not like I actually have pierced ears (yet I make earrings...)

:)

Life is still good. At least I'm still making money, even if I have to do it the hard way...but it's more rewarding. Really. I'd rather be freezing my ass off in a car for 3 1/2 hours throwing things at people's houses (LOL...and you think I'm kidding)...than sit in an office staring at a screen. For all you aspiring artists out there who think you'll just "get an easy office job" and you'll have time to do your art at night/weekends/whatever...think again. Office jobs rot your brain. lol

But don't be stupid. If you want to be an artist you still need to feed your crack habit, yourself, and pay your bills. If you're an artist, you'll know what I mean by crack. lol

The hours might suck (especially getting used to them), but the peace of mind is well worth it :D

I'm off to shower and do some laundry, and then off to start on the first of 59 pairs of clock-hand earrings. It was supposed to be 54 but I was blessed with 5 extra pairs.

No comments: