Monday, January 7, 2008

I have a package waiting for me at the post office!

Sooooooooo on Saturday when I got back from raiding Salvation Army looking for broken clocks and watches I found a little card waiting for me in my mail box. I have a package waiting for me at the post office...and I can't wait to go pick it up to see what on earth it could be. I'm currently waiting for about 6 packages coming in from all over the US, which is wicked exciting except that I was expecting half of them last week, and so I feel delayed, just a tad.

But that's ok. My styrofoam heads came in finally and I set to work on those (new project!) HOWEVER...I didn't realize that SPRAYPAINT EATS STYROFOAM. So don't do it. So I'll try to save the heads and if I'm lucky, I'll be able to sell the finished product. If not...well..I'll do it right, try again, and if that screams FAIL, then I'll continue making jewelry.

Oh. I'll be posting stuff on Etsy fairly soon, and when I do I'll be sure to make a big deal about it.

So auction update!: Friday night I went to the auction house...which is just in another section of the same old textile mill that the flea market is in, and had a lovely night. I didn't bid on much until a rotating jewelry display full of earrings went up. And I got it for a good price, not to mention that it came with 50 pairs of earrings.

I also bought a box lot of stuff which turned out to be a little disappointing, the auctioneer said paper goods and the last box lot that was paper goods was all cool stuff from the 50's. My "paper goods" lot was a bunch of unused calendars from 1981 and a book that's entirely in Hebrew. Maybe I'll ebay it because someone's always looking for cheap wholesale lots on there. There was an old jewelry box in the lot as well, but it's broken and the cloth inside is stained something fierce. There was some stuff in it but not much for mention, and I could still get more than what I paid for it on ebay. I'll throw in some junk plastic jewelry and call it a day.

I bought a Victorian dresser, complete with mirror, for $10 . It's a beauty. Unfortunately, when I got it home, I discovered it's too tall for the future bedroom, which only has a 6'5" ceiling...and the dresser is about 6'6". It's ok, I won't be living there forever.

Speaking of auctions, there's another one tonight that I haven't admittedly heard much about but I want to give it a shot because I heard there are wholesale lots...which are good if you have a flea market booth.

And speaking of flea markets: Sunday was better than my worst day, but I didn't make the rent. It seems to me that my booth is slowly gaining ground because I didn't miss the rent by much, and I'm seeing the same people over and over. These things take time to build and I am somewhat patient!

Hopefully all of you are still patient, because I still haven't posted pics of the jewelry I made. I now have 11 pieces and growing, and I work on this project in every spare moment. But this project is a huge one with many, many facets.

Note: I got over my 3 week EBAY obsession without spending too much money! Three of the most expensive things I bid on, I lost. Which is also good, because it just allowed me to step back and breathe and learn that YES, I can say no to increasing my maximum bid and let that thing get away. Especially if I'm going to make myself stick to a budget. Last week I really did blow $200 on beads, but it's ok. I still have my day job.

1 comment:

I Dig This Life said...

I love love love when packages arrive its great :) even if its not a suprise it great to rip open the packaging :)