Friday, January 4, 2008

Mannequin Reject

In addition to my other two blogs, The Indie Historian and Is This Your License Plate? I decided to start a blog about my booth at the College Mart Flea Market in Jewett City, CT.

But it's not just about the booth, it's about my artwork and crafts and things I'm working on at the moment.

Which until New Year's Eve, "Things I'm working on" was usually NOTHING. This was something that bothered me greatly ever since I finished high school. I mean...I went to college and did some things around 2003, finished my last novel in 2004, and wrote my zine, Mannequin Reject in 2005...and then became employed full time and all my artsy dreams vaporized.

I just realized this blog entry has the potential to become extremely long and not-internet-typical-ADD-reader-friendly. lol

So my latest mission is making jewelry.  Since New Year's Eve I've probably purchased about $200 worth of beads (went to a different store every day...Michaels....Walmart...A.C. Moore...Michael's again...ordered some online from beadworld.com)...and made 1 brooch, 1 straight pin, 7 pairs of earrings, and 2 necklaces.

The auction that's every other week (http://www.leonesauctions.com) is tonight and while I completely blew my entire auction budget on beads/jewelry/ebay, I am still going to go at least for a couple hours. I mean, I'm always looking for cheap antique furniture and auctions are the way to go.

I mean, I picked up a 1930's white velvet chair for $5 at the last auction. And a side table for the same amount.

Looking for pics? Check out the Mannequin Reject/ Egyptian Emporium myspace page. I'll get around to posting some here, when I go off on some rant about how artsy I feel. www.myspace.com/mannequinreject

So...WHY was my 2005 zine called Mannequin Reject? To be honest, I don't remember. It has something to do with the mannequin head I bought from the same flea market I now have a booth in. :)

No comments: