Friday, March 14, 2008

Feeling lazy lol

Ok, maybe not so lazy, more like overwhelmed.

I have so much to do and today was a lovely beach day but...BUT...

1. I didn't finish my massive Etsy upload last night. Nor will it be finished before I take off for the AUCTION. It's ok, there's always tomorrow morning. lol.

2. I'm trying to catch up in my journal, but that's like pointless because I'm a month behind and can't remember like anything from before the accident.

3. I had a dr's appointment which tied up the morning. And auction in 1/2 hour. Besides, I've been to the beaches 3 times in the past week.

4. GAS IS $3.35. FAIL. $3.11 in Richmond, RI. STILL FAIL. I mean...5 years ago gas was what, $1.36 and we started whining about the price when it went over $1.59. In fact, the BP station in Sterling CLOSED when gas was $1.59 because it was too high and no one bought it. The sign is still by the road. (Click on pic for full size, I was lazy and didn't photoshop this at all because it was taken on November 29, 2006 on my way to the My Chemical Romance concert in Providence and I forgot I took it TILL THIS VERY MOMENT. lol)


So anyway I went to Salvation Army and picked up a watch to dissect as well as some different shaped wine glasses to store my sea glass in, especially pieces I don't plan on getting rid of. My collection is 300 pieces strong now, after my trips to RI this week.

So here's pictures from this week's trips to the beach!

MONDAY
I returned to Charlestown Town Beach and found this reminder of the Hurricane of 1938. This topic has been an obsession of mine for the past two weeks (especially pertaining to Napatree Point (read: last post where I found the two boats)). Finding sea glass and other remnant of houses brings this natural disaster into focus, even though the worst hurricane I remember was Hurricane Bob. It's been 70 years since the Hurricane of 1938 this September.


From Charlestown, I drove up to Galilee to some beach where I found two kite surfers, some guy with a metal detector, and two dueling sea gulls. Didn't find much there overall, and went to Scarborough Beach where we found the majority of the day's glass, as well as this little car.


And here's my total finds for Monday!



At first, I thought this piece was a rock...but something told me to pick it up.

And I'm very glad I did! lol

TUESDAY

Went to Misquamicut in hopes to find stuff similar to Watch Hill & Napatree. Barely found anything at all. Drove to Weekapaug, and didn't find anything there either.

Yet another return to Charlestown Beach...and only found THREE pieces of glass and a kitchen knife.


This payphone is rotted & corroded, amazing since it's obviously not very old.


Charlestown Breachway looks so desolate in the winter.

Lunatic Sophie Saab is a very good little car. Very good on gas, too!


So after dismal finds at Misquamicut, Weekapaug, Charlestown, & Jerusalem (East Matunuck), I went back to Scarborough, where I had all the luck the day before. Still not much found, except a Coke Bottle piece that says "Co" (yeah...rock!), and this barn, which I hadn't taken a picture of the day before.

After Scarborough I headed to Narragansett Beach where I had the best find of the day, a blue cat's eye marble!


The white marble was one of the three glass finds at Charlestown that day.



That is SO a Coke bottle.


All sea glass, sorted in the bottom drawer of an old jewelry box (today I put them in jars & wine glasses)

Other beach finds, like this murder weapon, piece of porcelain, some bricks and fishing garbage. Well whatever. lol

And now that I'm done with this post for now, I'm off to the AUCTION. Please pray that I don't buy another 25 boxes of stuff. LOL

No comments: