Saturday, March 22, 2008

Good Friday, Good Afternoon...


Oh, this week. I left my ATM card at Newbury Comics in Warwick, RI on Tuesday and had to go pick it up yesterday. I ended up driving 180 miles total, yesterday. The more I drive Sophie Saab, the better she runs!


From Newbury Comics, I headed to Beavertail in Jamestown, RI. It was windy and the water was choppy & dangerous, so I didn't hunt sea glass there but did get some nice photos.

From Beavertail I went to --where else?-- Narragansett! I found an amazing lot of sea glass once again, so that's 2/2 for Narragansett & Point Judith. Can't wait to hunt for sea glass when it's more safe at Beavertail or the Newport beaches.


Finds of the day!

My first broken bit of dinnerware with a pattern! It's not that old but still cool.

Large bit of a coke bottle. I have yet to figure out why Scarborough has huge bits of very weathered glass, while the rest of the beaches just have the small standard-sized shards.


This bottle was also a Scarborough find--what a surprise when I held it up to the light! Can any bottle collectors out there identify it for me?
I was very happy to find this "black" piece at Narragansett...

...because according to its color, it's older than 1860!

They say that 1 in 200-300 pieces found will be cobalt blue.

Total sea glass finds for the day! 120 pieces. My collection has grown from 6 pieces on March 6, to 420 pieces today.

I didn't stay long at the beaches or make it a day trip--I had so many other plans for the day! I left Newbury Comics at 9:55 and left the beaches at 12:45.

1 comment:

Smarty Pants said...

Oh how I love sea glass! I used to go to Scarborough beach years ago! I love the RI coast!
I love the name of your blog!