Saturday, March 8, 2008

More rare than red sea glass...

After this, my mom is hooked.

Remember that piece of sea glass that I said I was dying to get under a black light? IT GLOWS. omg. omgomgomgomg. Now I want to get back to that beach ASAP. According to this site, Vaseline sea glass is even more rare than red sea glass. omg. It doesn't glow as bright as his samples, but it glows a lot more than any other suspected Vaseline glass we had (a few yellowish-green plates which Mom was using under her house plants...), which didn't glow at all. It glows a lot brighter when wet ^_^.

I was going to go back to that beach in hopes to find more after Ramy went to work today, but then it started really pouring and I got busy making jewelry for tomorrow. I don't have much time to set up at the flea market in the mornings before people get there (like I'll be running on time tomorrow morning missing an hour's worth of sleep, right) and I would like to be able to set some clock hand earrings out for the people who come and go before 9. I made a couple new kinds of experimental earrings and pendants out of large watch springs from deconstructed pocket watches.

The paint isn't quite sticking to my secret beads, as I learned today when I went to pick one up. This is a disappointing setback, but hopefully they will dry soon.

I picked up a couple of cool things from some indoor yardsales...one of which appeared to be a school project miniature guillotine, complete with a razor blade. I would have taken pictures of it but we left all the yardsale finds in the car since they're just going to the flea market anyway tomorrow. It's a conversation piece, for sure. We also picked up a really nifty candle holder for our porch picnic table made out of glass ashtrays. One yardsale we went to was in the bottom level of a 3-story chicken coop; the chickens were upstairs and the people were chain smoking so it smelled terrible and we didn't stay too long. There were some awesome things in there but we couldn't breathe normally. lol.

Flea market tomorrow, beach MONDAY! Back to making jewelry, or making a mess...

No comments: