Saturday, March 22, 2008

Victorian Destash

My obsession with all things Victorian began over 10 years ago, but 1998 was the year where I raided yardsales and antique stores for all things made between 1870-1915! I remember standing in an antique store in the summer of 1998 holding an old ostrich feather fan that was $45 and thinking it was absolutely exquisite. I didn't have enough money to buy and even if I did I probably still wouldn't have bought it, but to this day that feather fan stays with me in my memory.

Anyway, I have to get rid of most of my Victorian stuff before it gets ruined in storage. I want to send it off to another loving home.

Check out my 1881 Algebra book, or 1907 French book...or any of the other goodies I've been hiding in a box ever since we left Sterling!

http://mannequinreject.etsy.com

1 comment:

High Desert Diva said...

You've got some great stuff there!