Saturday, March 29, 2008

7 Random Facts About Me

I was tagged by Lindsey to do this.

Seven Random Little-Known Strange Facts about Me:

1. I've been as far EAST as Egypt, but never been to Cape Cod. I would like this to change this summer. And I want to go to Montauk too (see reference to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind here). And I've never been farther WEST than Honeoye, NY, which is a little bit east of Buffalo. (And to complete the directions, farthest north I've been is Cap St. Ignace, Quebec, and farthest south I've been is Kissimmee, FL)

2. I am currently driving my dream car, a 1984 Saab 900 that I paid less than $750 for. The only things it needs to be perfect is a rocking set of speakers, though it currently has the factory issued 1984 originals...usually I'm a sucker for history and originality, but when it comes to my music, baby I need BASS. lol (wait is that two facts?)

3. I can spend hours digging for bottles in the woods (I haven't since 1998 but I probably will this spring), or hours combing the beach for sea glass (which I started less than a month ago).

4. I've logged way more driving miles than you can imagine for someone my age. Coming up on 117,000 miles total for roughly the past 5 years (I've had my license for 6 but couldn't have a car on campus during my first year of college so...). We're talking trucker miles. lol. That said, I'm the only person who thinks I'm a really good driver :D.

5. Packrat for life. There is no cure.

6. I eat tri-color pasta one color at a time-- white, orange, green. THE ONLY EXCEPTION is Wacky-Mac, which has the pasta flavored like beets and they taste like dirt to me, so I have to eat them with other colors, usually white.

7. I used to collect Barbies.  I used to have 257 of them.

And the 7 people I tag are the 7 people who feel like doing this. No hurt feelings :D

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hahaha. I get the packrat thing. Me tooooo! I found some things the other day that I wrote for language arts in seventh grade. That was highly entertaining. Your pasta thing makes me laugh too. I don't eat tri-color pasta all that much, but when I do, I'm very...organized in how I eat it, shall we say? haha.

Yay for the wireless! If you want any suggestions about good sermons to watch, any from When Life and Truth Collide are good, there's something real and entirely amusing with the Confessions of a Pastor series, Sun Stand Still is inspiring, and Dominate is good. So is the Made stuff. And for laughs, the trailers are on youtube under elevationvideos. haha.

I am calling you tomorrow, end of story. :) Perhaps we can talk some more about getting you guys down here??

Lindsey said...

Hey! I found a picture of what I was talking about with Chris singing Yahweh...

http://iamchrisbrown.wordpress.com/

It was awesome. And by the way, do you still ever get on AIM? I'm off to figure out what sermon that song was in!!

Lindsey said...

Me again...more pictures here... You can see the straightjacket. haha.

http://elevationchurch.smugmug.com/gallery/4621576_rtbCT#272651474